On Aug. 21, Humphreys County, TN was hit hard by a devastating flood. Many of our employees live in this area and have been impacted by this disaster, especially the city Waverly. These staff are facing monumental challenges from the flood, and our hearts go out to everyone in this community. Thankfully, our residents at AHC Waverly were safe throughout the storm.
At American Health Partners, our culture is one of compassion and giving. Dozens of employees and their families have been impacted. In order to support this group, we have set up several ways in which you can help support your fellow colleagues, listed below. American Health Partners is committed to matching donations up to $100,000. No donation is too small – all help is much appreciated.
If you have been impacted by the flood, you can apply for employee assistance fund by providing details on your situation via email to AskHR@AmHealthPartners.com, or check out more resources below.
Thank you for your willingness to go above and beyond to help your fellow colleagues in need. Together, we can support and heal our communities and be #WaverlyStrong.
How to help:
- Donate money through GoFundMe or by sending a check to: Flood Help; American Health Partners; 201 Jordan Road, Suite 200; Franklin, TN 37067.
- Donate some of your PTO hours to your fellow colleagues by emailing AskHR@AmHealthPartners.com.
- Donate to United Way of Humphreys County, which is organizing clean-up activities and taking specific donation and support requests.
- Check out Waverly Department of Public Safety – Police & Fire's Facebook page, where they are organizing clean-up activities and posting information about supply distribution.
- Volunteer for clean-up and debris removal by calling 931-888-8011 or 931-888-8012.
How to receive help:
- TEMA Crisis Cleanup Service is available for those who need help with debris removal and home cleanup, as well as emergency resources including crises hotlines, safety, hiring contractors and avoiding scams. All services are free, but service is not guaranteed due to the expected overwhelming need. Individuals needing assistance should visit the website or call the hotline at 615-338-7404.
- Community Resource Center in Nashville is collecting supplies and will be distributing them to flood victims. Check out their Facebook page for the latest information.
- FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program offers financial aid and services to individuals and households. To apply, visit DisasterAssistance.gov and use the white search bar to look up "Humphreys County, TN." Click "Apply Online" and fill out the application.