American Health Partners, a Franklin, Tennessee-based company that provides a wide range of health care services recently honored 50 employees for their dedication to providing high quality health care and outstanding service over the past year. The fourth annual Star Awards ceremony was hosted by the company’s leadership team at the Hilton Franklin Cool Springs and included a performance by renowned songwriters Tony Arata and Leslie Satcher.
Star Awards were presented to frontline caregivers and those who serve in support roles in American Health Partners’ seven divisions for achieving superior results and demonstrating the company’s values of respect, integrity, teamwork, professionalism, excellence and compassion. Honorees, who represent just 1% of the company’s workforce, were nominated by their managers and selected by a committee of leaders.
“Our team at American Health Partners has worked very hard to confront COVID-19 while continuing to move our business forward,” said CEO Mike Bailey. “These Star Award winners are the best of the best and their work shows a dedication to our mission to provide compassionate, high quality health care. We’re proud of their accomplishments and excited to honor them with this important award.”
Star Award winners from the American Health Partners’ corporate office and service center were:
• Jennifer Grimes, Franklin, Tenn.
• Sheryl Pearcy, Parsons, Tenn.
• Dustin Hertz, Franklin, Tenn.
• Larry McElrath, Parsons, Tenn.
Receiving awards in the American Health Communities division, which operates 29 skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, were:
• Lisa M Roman, AHC Appling wood (Cordova, Tenn.)
• Tamara Hogan, AHC Bethesda (Cookeville, Tenn.)
• Debra Sims, AHC Bright Glade (Memphis, Tenn.)
• Alonda Mills, AHC Clarksville (Tenn.)
• Jackie Tipton, AHC Covington Care (Covington, Tenn.)
• Sheryl Jelks, AHC Crestview (Brownsville, Tenn.)
• Greg Lovering, AHC Cumberland (Nashville, Tenn.)
• Sherry Scott, AHC Decatur County (Parsons, Tenn.)
• Whitney Burrow, AHC Dyersburg (Tenn.)
• Shatinie Jeffries, AHC Forest Cove (Jackson, Tenn.)
• Detasha Simmons, AHC Harbor View (Memphis, Tenn.)
• April Hicks, AHC Humboldt (Tenn.)
• Sabrina Bowden, AHC Lewis County (Hohenwald, Tenn.)
• Teresa Woods, AHC Lexington (Tenn.)
• Kimberly Davis, AHC McKenzie (Tenn.)
• Kimberly Goff, AHC McNairy County (Selmer, Tenn.)
• Katy Witherspoon, AHC McNairy County (Selmer, Tenn.)
• Emily Walls, AHC Meadowbrook (Pulaski, Tenn.)
• Paula Fialk, AHC Millennium (Huntsville, Ala.)
• Chere Hughlett, AHC Mt. Juliet (Tenn.)
• Lakisha Greer, AHC Northbrooke (Jackson, Tenn.)
• Sharon Teague, AHC Paris (Tenn.)
• Adam Camper, AHC Savannah (Tenn.)
• Flora Qualls, AHC Savannah (Tenn.)
• McCall Matheny, AHC Union City (Tenn.)
• Betty Swindell, AHC VanAyer (Martin, Tenn.)
• George Klinzing, AHC Vanco (Goodlettsville, Tenn.)
• Sylvia Sullivan, AHC AHC Waverly (Tenn.)
• Kelly Roach, AHC Westwood (Decaturville, Tenn.)
• Melinda Wade, AHC Westwood (Decaturville, Tenn.)
• Raven Tomlin, AHC West Tennessee Trans. (Jackson, Tenn.)
From American Health Plans, which owns and manages institutional special needs plans (ISNPs) for Medicare beneficiaries living in long-term care facilities, Star Awards were given to two employees:
• Bryce Visnovske, American Health Advantage of Missouri
• Rita Gordon, American Health Plans – Franklin, Tenn.
Star Award recipients from AmPharm, a long-term-care pharmacy serving senior care and rehabilitation facilities, included:
• Jessica Burke – Mississippi
• Ashley Tubbs – Parsons, Tenn.
At Rehab America, which provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy in skilled nursing facilities, Star Awards went to:
• Centras Forney, Parsons, Tenn.
• Lindy Hudgins, Huntsville, Ala.
• Carrie Hedgecoth, Cookeville, Tenn.
At Tennessee Quality Care, which works with individuals and skilled nursing facilities to provide comprehensive home health and hospice services winners were:
• Crystal Rorie, Clarksville, Tenn.
• Samantha Hypes, Parsons, Tenn.
• Brandi Sherrill, Waynesboro, Tenn.
At TruHealth, whose nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide medical treatment and care coordination in nursing homes with specialized Medicare plans, Star Awards were earned by:
• Rita Nolen, TruHealth – Mississippi
• Anesha Cowan, TruHealth - Mississippi
Star Awards were also given to team members at Unity Psychiatric Care, which operates five psychiatric hospitals, primarily for seniors, to provide short-term care due to a mental health crisis or behavioral disturbances caused by dementia. Honorees included:
• Serena Benford, Huntsville, Ala.
• Mary Talley, Huntsville, Ala.
• Emily Culpepper, Clarksville, Tenn.
American Health Partners employs more than 4,300 health care professionals and support staff in seven states. “It is inspiring to honor the individuals in our company who set the standard for excellence,” Bailey said. “This has been a very trying year for our caregivers, patients and their families. Though we all have different roles, together we’ve shouldered a sacred responsibility to protect the health and well-being of those in our care.”
About American Health Partners
American Health Partners provides a continuum of health care services for adults and seniors to aid recovery, prevent unnecessary hospital stays and improve quality of life. Operations in Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi include 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers; five psychiatric hospitals; home health and hospice offices serving 35 counties; and a long-term care pharmacy. Two other divisions provide Institutional Special Needs Health Plans (ISNPs) and medical staffing in nursing homes in Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Missouri, Texas, Utah and Idaho. American Health Partners is based in Franklin, Tennessee. For more information, visit AmHealthPartners.com
# # #